Monday, March 10, 2014

Truffles!

Oreo Truffles

I made these truffles with my boyfriend, Zac. At first, I was making the birthday cake truffles, but he likes peanut butter so we decided on the peanut butter truffles! They came out a little rich, but the birthday cake ones were perfect.
 First we started  by putting the Oreos in the blender to make them turn into a crumble or powder.










Like thiss!!


One the left is the birthday cake while the right is the peanut butter. For each mix add 8oz of cream cheese (softened). Adding the cream cheese makes it very thick and easy to create little balls like in the picture below.

Heres making the balls and on the back burners is chocolate being melted to smother the truffles

This last picture is of Zac covering the truffles with chocolate. Once they're covered they can look pretty by putting sprinkles on them.



Sadly, I didn't take a picture of the final results because they didn't look very pretty. The mixture kinda looks like poop and I burned the chocolate so we had to use bakers chocolate and I didn't realize it was unsweetened so the peanut butter ones came out pretty rich. but Zac still liked them! So it all worked out in the end.

1 comment:

  1. I shouldn't have looked at this right before lunch. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete