Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentines Day Weekend

This past Friday, being Valentines day, I made all kinds of baked goods. Over the course of the weekend I made dinner Saturday night and Monday night. I've began to make dinner on my own for my family and friends. It's something I've really picked up on doing casually now and I've come to really enjoy it.

I've gone from attempting to make gourmet food to just making dinner casually and just random different recipes. Over this weekend I've made, lasagna, cookies, homemade salad dressing, a skillet breakfast, and homemade pizza.
I made the cookies from scratch, the dressing, and skillet and the pizza. I had bought noodles for the lasagna, but I plan to learn how to make homemade noodles. My mom and I made the spaghetti sauce from scratch and used that for the pizza as well. With both entrees, we had salads and used our homemade dressing.

Everything homemade always taste better rather than store bought meals. It takes time, but its worth it. Cooking and baking has really become a new thing to do. I have cooked with my parents and my boyfriend. Living in Jackson can be boring with nothing to do, but cooking at home has replaced going out to eat.
I like looking up new recipes and this is the next one I want to try:http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/2000s/2007/06/grilledhaloumi
http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/2000s/2008/10/souffleed-macaroni-and-cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment